Concept of diving
Following Equation’s value
We have chosen to offer you a unique concept of holidays and dive trips including educational dives, marine biology, Philippines discovery, and Bohol out of the beaten tracks
Away from the touristic crowd
we offer you
- Tailor made trips in the Visayas archipelago and on Bohol Island in the Philippines,
- A human-sized dive center, water front, on a small white sandy beach, with a view over Balicasag Island, renowned for the quality of its dive sites,
- A cosy tapas and lounge bar, ideal to relax after diving and the perfect spot to enjoy the beautiful sunset,
- Passionate diving instructors and guides, rigorous, who know every secret of Bohol dive sites. High quality services to reach your expectation,
- that matters and makes the difference: coffee, tea, fresh fruits and snacks on board; shower and towels back at the dive center; lunch pack – à la Française – for your day trips; music and good atmosphere at the bar to chill out with a cocktail and end up perfectly the day.
The privilege dive center of Panglao Bohol
Created in October 2013, Equation is the brand new dive center in Panglao.
Different thanks to its localisation away from Alona frenzied atmosphere, Equation is a human-sized center located just on the beach of Danao. What seduced us at first sight is this lovely traditional Filipina house we chose to welcome our guests as if they were at home!
Aqualung partner center, our equipment is guaranteed to be high quality, brand new and well maintained for your pleasure and security,
- Equation has 10 complete set of equipment, Aqualung Wave BCD from XXS to XL, Apeks regulator, 3mm integral wetsuits, open fins and booties from XXS to XXL,
- Every evening before your dive, your instructors and divemasters set up carefully your equipment in a big numbered net bag. Nina, our operational manager, makes sure that all the material is complete, fit your size and on board.
- Every morning we welcome our guests with tea or coffee, or if you wish, with a generous breakfast (ordered the day before). This is the time for divers to get to know their guide or instructor.
- If not completed before, we fill up together the diving documents (responsibility release, medical certificate)
- There comes the Captain to load the boat, helped by his boatmen and your guides. For Equation divers are guests that deserve a king treatment, just relax we handle everything!
- Around 8:30 it is time to go and enjoy the crystalline water of Panglao.
- We try to leave earlier than the other dive centers so we can feel the tranquility of the sites. Arriving in Balicasag before the other boats is so enjoyable!
- We usually leave for 2 or 3 dives, 2 on the local reefs and on Pamilacan, 3 on Balicasag for the beauty of the sites. Between each dives, one hour surface interval enables us to fully enjoy the overview, talk about the species we saw, drink some coffee or tea, et some fruits or cookies, then comes the times to get back in the water. If we are in Balicasag, after the second dive comes the gourmet pack lunch cooked by our chef Cedric or our Filipina cooks. It is composed of meat, vegetables, starch and a desert. Food lover, take note! Pack lunch are on the verge to become legendary.
- After diving we head back to Danao Beach. The crossing takes from 15 to 30 minutes, the perfect moment to appreciate and relax.
- A foot set in the sand, you have nothing to do, our team handles everything…
- With proven training in marine biology, it is with a great pleasure that we spend time with you to remember which species we saw, identify them thanks to our electronic and paper collection of books, exchange on topics that you care about: coral diversity, endemic species, symbiosis between species…
- Our team is 100% English speaking, and we also count a lot of French speakers, as well as Spanish and German speakers.
- Groups of divers are limited to 4. Courses are 2 students only. If somehow we happen to have more than 2 students in one course, our PADI instructor will be assisted with a Divemaster or a Divemaster trainee.
- The boat we are using is a traditional “Bangka” bought in August 2015. We rearranged her to suit you in the best way: space, comfort, fast and silent, but also extra arrangements that make the difference, as a sundeck to rest and chill out.
Beyond diving and eco- tourism
Equation is also
- A daily commitment to protect, conserve and respect our Ocean and reefs. Equation is affiliated to the charter of Longitude 181 and joins regularly other local and international actions in favor of the Ocean’s conservation.
- We are members of Green Fins, an environmental organisation which aims at raising awareness among divers and protect corals.
- In the near future we will join Ocean Quest in the development of a coral nursery on our local reef. Every diver will then have the opportunity to learn how to plant coral, become the “godfather” or “godmother” of a coral planting and see it growing thanks to monthly pictures and videos.
- Supporting the local initiatives acting for the environment (such as the creation of an artificial coral reef, the fight against overfishing)
- The implementation with Panglao-Bohol schools of actions of discovery and raising awareness of the Ocean, through a day of snorkeling offered to the young people of the community.
- The integration of local people in our development. We are partners of the association Divers of the world which works in poor and developing countries. They train future young dive guides to offer them a job. Of course, we take over and we are proud to offer to some of them a job.